Thursday, February 18, 2010

Glenelg, probably Adelaide's most popular beach town

Glenelg - pronounced as "Glen-nelg" - is where I used to live for 6 months in Adelaide. It is 25 minutes bus ride from the city centre and is connected by the one and only tram line in South Australia. Yes, that explains how big this "metro" is! Of course, it is at the time of writing - they are currently building an expansion network towards Port Adelaide.

Glenelg is a sort-of mini Melbourne where the tram line runs through the middle of the main street. It is a hippy town where shopping thrives during the day and clubs loom after dark. They do have a wide variety of cuisines as well. Some of them, however, are notably pricier due to the location. Glenelg is a busy bustling beach town with tourists, yuppies and seniors as well.

However, I appreciate more of the quiet, peaceful side of Glenelg. Finding a secluded spot, away from the public and unnoticed is not hard.

It is my favorite spot in Adelaide - where I use to do my beach runs in the 10 degree Celcius winter breeze to Grange, where I do my rides in spring mornings towards McLaren Vale, where I watch sunsets when I'm not working. My thoughts, secrets, emotions and love are buried underneath the sand on this beach. I will never forget those moments when this beach is my best friend listening to all my thoughts and spending precious moments with the lonely me :)

This is where my inspirations lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment